SPRING 2018 Career Experience Events are available!
High school career experience events are interactive events for high school students in the LSHCA service area to learn about healthcare careers.
Students learn about multiple career areas - they have the undivided attention of the professional presenters and have time to ask lots of questions. They often get a tour of the facility, and are also provided a packet of information to take home.
Students also receive a completion certificate if they need attendance verification for classroom credit.
What is expected of a student attending a Career Experience Event?
- Students must register and fill out the information/release form and include all required signatures (parent/guardian signature if under age 18).
- Students must understand that they will not have access to patient care areas
- Students may be required to stand for periods of time
- Students will need to come prepared to ask questions of professionals that are presenting
- Students will need to volunteer to participate in hands on activities
- Students will need to be respectful to all health care professionals involved in the Career Experience event
To Register for a High School Career Experience event:
1: Identify the session you would like to attend - click here for the current High School Career Experience session schedule.
SCHOOL PERSONNEL: If you would like to bring a group of students to a Career Experience event, please contact Brenda Birringer at NEWAHEC before having students sign up.
2: Complete Career Experience Registration Form (be sure to fill registration form out completely)
Events will automatically close 3 to 5 business days before the date of the event. If the event is NOT listed in the drop down menu, the event is either full or closed, and therefore no longer available.
3: Review, Complete, and Print Information/Release Form.
4: Send Information/Release Form to Facility Contact Person
- Forms must be received BEFORE your session start date
- If student is under age 18, parent/guardian MUST sign form
- If there is no form on file/brought to session, student won’t be able to stay
- Forms can be scanned and emailed or faxed:
Aurora Medical Center – Two Rivers
Holy Family Memorial
Pinehaven Christian Communities
River’s Bend Health & Rehabilitation Center
St. Nicholas Hospital
Marsho Medical Group/ Columbia St. Mary's as part of Ascension
5: Final Reminders
- Only register once; you will receive a confirmation email if you are officially registered. If you don’t receive the email within 10 minutes, check your SPAM folder. If you are still unsure, email Brenda Birringer and she can check for you.
- If you have to cancel once you have registered, go back to your confirmation email and follow instructions to cancel. Then, call the facility contact person above and let them know as well.
- If a session has to be cancelled due to low enrollment or staff changes, you will receive an email at least 48 hours in advance of your session. (This does not happen often).
- Adhere to the dress code policy as listed in the information/release form. Professional dress (no jeans, open toe shoes, etc.) is required.
- Eat something before you arrive.
- Enjoy your session and thank your presenters!