My mom/dad/relative/neighbor/friend works at an area medical provider/educational institution and they know someone who said I can just job shadow them. Is that ok?

  • No. Due to the number of requests for job shadows, the LSHCA moved to the current model in the spring of 2012. A high school student must submit a request for an individual job shadow, it is up to the respective facility’s approved representative to approve or decline the request. Certain forms/paperwork needs to be completed, and procedures must be followed.

What if my College/University or Technical school requires me to shadow a professional for longer than 8 hours?

  • Occasionally Colleges/Universities or Technical schools will require additional hours of job shadowing as a prerequisite to apply for their programs. Some examples may be Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Physician Assistant. Requirements vary by school.

  • Those students requesting more than 8 hours will use the College/Adult Job Shadow application. You will also need a school representative to sign and date the application form.

What if I am an adult that would like to complete a job shadow that is less than 8 hours?

  • You will follow the same steps, however you can disregard having a school representative sign the bottom of the application form.